Outside my window...children laughing, wheels rolling, and a tied up dog lamenting in bark tones her own lack of freedom
I am thinking...about how difficult I find it to sit down and actually blog. I come to the computer hungry. And yet…I want to serve.
I am wearing...a multi-flowered green sundress with my ever-present black-dangled bead flip-flops. (Thank you Mom!) My hair is in my not-so-Texas-girl hair clip.
I am praying for...safe travels for Tim and the boat crew as they prepare to make the trip home from Buka to Alotau.
I am going...to market to buy some more pineapple. We are savoring the season of this delectable fruit knowing that the season’s end will come sooner than we wish.
From the learning rooms...a Mom-condensed version of the Trojan War (not one of my favorite read-alouds this year), Hagar and Ishmael, simplifying fractions, negative numbers, multiplication, and a look at Venus in our Exploring Creation with Astronomy book.
I am thankful for...aholyexperience.com which continues to challenge my everyday way of life.
I am remembering...my mom and my aunt as I watch my daughter enjoy eating guavas.
From the kitchen...Spanish Coffee cake for breakfast, meatloaf sandwiches for lunch and for dinner, Ibika greens and kaukau cooked in coconut cream with sweet bananas on the side and… TURKEY!!! Yes, the sky-rocket priced turkeys were cut up into pieces and sold for reasonable prices. I plan to savor every bite!
I am reading...Creative Correction (again) by Lisa Whelchel as I seek practical ideas to use in growing my children, and the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan. While I appreciate Rick Riordan’s attempts to present a more modern interpretation and application of Greek mythology, I question some of the messages and attitudes reflected in the characters. However, I always enjoy a thoughtful book talk with my Firstborn.
I am hoping...that I can find more lettuce in town. I so miss my salads.
I am creating...peaceful places in my home.
On my mind...sibling rivalry and godly solutions, short-sighted praying, and Grace…always grace on my mind.
Noticing that...Austin only has a few inches to go before he is as tall as me.
Pondering these words..."People who are God’s without reservation have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. His will becomes their will, and they desire to do for Him whatever He desires them to do. They strip themselves of everything, and in their nakedness find everything restored a hundredfold.” From Streams in the Desert by L. B. Cowman
I am hearing...Travis Cottrell as he leads this family in worship.
Around the house...the hum of the fan, stack cups made into a tower, and clean-swept floors.
One of my favorite things...Jesus time in the morning on the front verandah with a hot cup of coffee.
A few plans for the rest of the week...a welcome back potluck dinner for our Pastor who has been teaching in Port Moresby, an ice cream and crepe birthday celebration for one of our colleagues, Tim’s much-anticipated arrival from Buka and family-time on the weekend.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
The picture is blurry, I know, but it captures the joy of Game Night with our neighbors. We played Pictureka and had such great laughs as our friend Moses ( middle right) would shout out "Paprika!" whenever he won!
Inspired by http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


1 comment:
I so enjoyed reading this! You are a sweet woman.
Post a Comment