Outside my window...diamond-sparkle sunlit-colored seas with a cool morning breeze that found all of us huddled under the covers this morning.
I am thinking... I don’t like waking up at 5:30 for paddling when paddling doesn’t work out.
I am wearing...a blue pull-on knit shirt, colorful-batik rayon skirt, white-beaded flip-flops and… a smile—because that is how I start each Monday.
I am praying for...the VITAL (Vernacular Initiative for Translation and Literacy) module which officially begins today. This multi-language translation project will be focusing on New Testament translation this month.
I am going...to market for papaya, green and ripe coconuts, and cassava (known as tapioc here and yucca in other parts of the world). I am planning to try a new recipe, Banana Cassava Cake, compliments of my friend and co-laborer Diane.
From the learning rooms...Beyond the Desert Gate read-aloud, Birth and Sacrifice of Isaac, 5 paragraph essays, Ratios and Proportions, multiplication, and a trip to Mars…well, not literally.
I am thankful for...our Aussie friends who included this American family in their Australia Day BBQ.
I am remembering...a forever friend who made me laugh out loud sharing the memory of the “Amen” man in the microphone behind preacher Tony Evans.
From the kitchen...breakfast tacos, Monday’s homemade bread, and roasted whole chickens for dinner.
I am reading...A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks
I am hoping...that my sniffles and sneezes are just from morning dust, sunlight or pollen….and not a cold coming on.
I am creating...curtains for my neighbor and friend Giima Liosa. She asked for my help (!!!) and I warned her that I can barely sew straight lines. Thankfully she says that is all she needs. Grace!
On my mind... the upcoming adoption of our neighbor’s baby. Joy, our sweet neighbor and 17 year old single mom, will be giving her 6-month old baby to relatives in another town in the coming weeks.
Noticing that...our boys need haircuts again.
Pondering these words..."Dew will never appear while there is either heat or wind. The temperature must fall, the wind cease, and the air come to a point of coolness and rest—absolute rest—before the invisible particles of moisture will become dew to dampen any plant or flower. And the grace of God does not come forth to bring rest and renewal to our soul until we completely reach the point of stillness before Him.” From Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman
I am hearing...the world around me wake up—birds singing their unique morning songs, the rattle of the security truck picking up the night guards in the neighborhood, and an early morning yard-raker working before the sun gets too hot.
Around the house...lots to pick up! We had a messy, lazy weekend. But it sure felt nice!
One of my favorite things...Saturday afternoon naps in the rain.
A few plans for the rest of the week...lunch with our friend Luke, a mid-week Zumba (!!!) session with my town girls, a long overdue dinner in with friends on Thursday…and I have to laugh when I write this because always, always, regardless of the plans we make, there are many surprises that pop up in any given week. We never know what to expect!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
May the Force, Clown Force that is, be with you!

2 comments:
I'll delurk and tell you that I'm REALLY enjoying the personal side of your blog, friend!
This photo put a smile on my face! A perfect way to end my night!
Post a Comment