Thursday, June 26, 2008

It is Finished

“Well, Mom and Dad. It’s finished.” These words accompanied by shining eyes and a tender smile from our Firstborn. Curious, we asked what he meant. He said, “I just prayed with Balty and he invited Jesus to live in his heart. That means I’m going to see him in heaven.”

Wow.

Balty lives in the village next to our house and often comes to play soccer in our yard with a dozen or so other neighbor boys. Apparently, the day before, Balty had shared with Austin how one man in their village was stealing bananas from the villagers. Austin, ever the problem solver, said if you know who he is, why don’t you do something to stop him. Balty’s response is not one we are used to hearing. “The man practices sorcery and we’re too afraid.” Austin quickly responded by running upstairs, getting his Bible and showing Balty verses in the Bible to help him not be afraid.

The next day Balty came back over and Austin read more from his Bible about God and how much He loves us, and how He gave His Son to die on the cross for our sins. “Mom, Balty didn’t know how to pray all by himself, so I said the words and he repeated them after me.”


Yes, my dear son. It is finished. Balty is no longer bound by fear.

“When He had received the drink, Jesus said, It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” John 19:30

The fulfilling of the prophecies, the completion of the task He set out to do, and the victory over death is finished. Thank you Jesus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that boy...he's a sweetheart like his mommy. Always looking out for others.

Love and miss you Austin,
Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Austin, I'm so glad the Lord sent you to PNG so Balty could come to know Jesus. Remember, our purpose on this earth is to love the Lord and to serve Him. You have done that by introducing Jesus to Balty. I am so very proud of you and your mission work in PNG. Love you the most...Nonnie

Anonymous said...

Way to go Austin! Amazing how God let you do the honors of making Balty a son of God and bringing him into your Christian family! (What amazing parents you must have too!) Love you guys and so proud!!!

Anonymous said...

dear austin,
we are so very proud of you for living as a disciple of our Lord. Jesus himself is especially with you when you share the good news about him!!! you inspire us all to keep living out matthew 28:19-20.
glory to God in the highest, and peace to his people on earth:
we sure do love you, bud!!!
uncle phil

Anonymous said...

Dear Austin, good job. That was amazing! I hope you keep on sharing the Gospel! I miss you a lot. Hope you and Balty become good friends!

From,
Andrew Fulbright