We are hesitatingly entering the Blog world. We have admired other blogs for some time now and are hoping to use this method to keep our family and friends up to date on our lives in Alotau, PNG. We apologize in advance for the rough drafts you will see. We don't have the luxury of speedy internet nor heaps of spare time and therefore won't spend much time on editing. You get to enjoy the ramblings of a busy Mom/teacher/errand runner/nurse/home-maker/cook with the occasional input of a busy Dad/center manager/boat manager/PR man/bug-killer. I hope it's not too confusing.
Because I journal so inconsistently, I am always tempted (and waylaid) by the need to catch up. But, I am forcing myself to plow ahead and just start with today December 1, 2007.
It is morning and it is hot! 9 am and the sweat is dripping. Okay, not dripping but if I cross my legs at the computer, they tend to stick when I uncross. It hasn't helped that I just finished a cup of tea. Too hot, I know, but a habit I haven't let go.
Tim is out preparing the boat for a relief trip to the Oro Province. (The North Coast) That area was hit very hard by a recent tropical storm. Whole villages were washed away and many people lost their homes and gardens. Our boat is filled with rice, food, and clothing to be sent up to those unfortunate families. It is good to be able to help out in a tangible way. Unfortunately, corruption is always a factor to consider in relief efforts. Please pray that these supplies will be distributed honestly and fairly.
The kids are chomping at the bit to go to town to watch a Rugby game. It is World AIDS day and there will be a march as well as some other educational presentations. World AIDS day has a whole different meaning here as the premise is not politically driven but is a call for compassion and morally based education. AIDS is a sad reality in this country.
Yes, I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how. I must run now as my diaper-less wonder Weston has just left his mark. (He has a bad rash and we are airing him out.)
See, I told you this wouldn't be pretty! :) :)
3 comments:
Go Mommy, Go!! Tell Westy I hope that his rash gets better :)
Love, Aunt Brenda
hi stacy. Hope you remember me, Holly's filipina friend. was just talking to Holly the other day and I was asking about you guys. She told me there's a big filipino group there. Cool. PHilippines is just a couple of hours away from PNG. What you have mentioned here is also true for my country, you know, the heat, the corruption, the poverty,the slow internet connection (haha!) etc... God bless you and I'll be reading your blogs.. It's a blessing.
Post a Comment