Outside my window...dark nighttime skies, and unusual windy squalls
I am thinking...how sweet my husband is. He was gone for the weekend on a short trip and our happy reunion yesterday was severely marred by food poisoning. I met him at the wharf with these words—“Hi Babe. Welcome back. We need to go home NOW!” We didn’t even make it home before my nauseous stomach betrayed me. I spent the entire night throwing up ---in the sink, a Tupperware container, the shower, the toilet, and a drink cooler. (I know this is TMI but I really miss my garbage disposal.) And Tim, throughout it all, hugged me, rubbed my back, sat with me in the shower and comforted me in my ugly moments. That is LOVE!
I am wearing...a turquoise short nightgown with a ruffle at the bottom and bare feet.
I am praying for...our neighbor Joy and her daughter Faith. Joy left on Saturday for Port Moresby to give baby Faith to a relative for adoption.
I am going...to sleep in my bed very, very soon.
From the learning rooms...not much book learning occurred today as this momma was laid way low in bed. Later this week we will be reading The Ides of April, studying the Middle Kingdom in Egypt, continuing our memorization of Exodus 20:1-17, and continuing with fractions, perimeter, and multiplication. I am thinking some Chinese New Year crafts would be appropriate in preparation for our upcoming celebration.
I am thankful for...children who quietly played, made “Get Well” cards and baked cookies while I rested oblivious in bed.
I am remembering...a former co-worker who, after missing work, would dramatically relay her reason for missing, in a loud, strong New York accent: “I was violently (VOH-Lently) ill.”
I now know what she must have meant!
I am reading...Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed by Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore and Kay Arthur
I am hoping...that I never, ever get food poisoning again.
I am creating...a cross-stitch of Vicenzio Irolli’s Mother’s Kiss. At the rate I am going, I might finish when Weston graduates from high school.
On my mind...(missed) Superbowl games and the friends and parties that go with them.
Noticing that...my growing Firstborn either needs new pajama pants or I need to cut these into shorts.
Pondering these words..."Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we will find it not.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
I am hearing...a quiet stillness as all the kids are in bed, the hum of my faithful fan, and the sound of the waves tossing and rolling.
Around the house...Legos--always.
A few plans for the rest of the week... front verandah coffee with my neighbors, a hospital visit, a meeting with our Pastor to discuss teaching and training Sunday school teachers, swimming and water play if the recent rains dissipate, and our first-ever Chinese New year party (it was postponed after Cyclone Yasi passed by us last week.)
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
| Weston and his friend Jonathan in a green colored bath |


No comments:
Post a Comment