I made a cup of peppermint tea for myself and Weston during our morning break and while letting it cool, forgot about it after I went down to the schoolroom to do a writing lesson with Austin and Kylah. A short time later, Weston came in and said "Mom, are you going to drink a cup of tea with me?" "Yes, but I first need to help Austin and Kylah start their reports." A few minutes later Weston reappeared at the doorway and said "Mom, your tea is all ready." I hesitated thinking that Austin and Kylah could really use a little more guidance before I left them on their own, yet realizing the importance of drinking this cup of tea with Weston. I quickly wrapped up my lesson, told Austin and Kylah to see me if they had any questions and proceeded upstairs to drink a cup of tea with my Little Man. When I walked into the house, I saw that this was no ordinary cup of tea. He had set up a blanket, the tea cups, a little vase with flowers he had picked from the yard, a few reading books, including my favorite, Little Quack, and some favorite stuffed animals. My space had a letter block with "m" for Mommy. He had so carefully and meaningfully created this tea party. We drank, read, and cuddled. It was just perfect--a perfect interruption. When the cups were emptied and the stories read, Weston just cuddled in my lap and we didn't let go. I didn't put him down until he was ready. Priceless, Precious Moment....and I almost missed it.

1 comment:
Oh, how sweet. He is getting so big!
Post a Comment