Saturday, August 6, 2011

Homemade Poptarts












Poptarts are one of our kids' favorite States' treats. After a visit from the Grands and 12, yes, count 'em, 12 boxes of Pop-tarts, one would think we wouldn't ever want to eat another one. BUT...Dad also loves Pop-tarts and wanted to see if we could make homemade ones after we depleted our imported supply. So, Lucas and I set out to make them and oh, I must say, these were quite delicious! We used Nutella that Mimi had brought from the States and though they did not have icing on the top, everyone enjoyed these sweet treats. I think next time we will try the cinnamon filling. We just need to wait for a new supply of brown sugar to arrive in town. (Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product before we ate them up.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat and fun thing to try to make! It almost makes me want to try to make some...almost...!
;-)

Love, Trish