Furlough has begun and I am home with Mom and Dad looking forward to sharing a long-awaited cup of tea with them. I thought I'd share my favorite Chai tea recipe.
Hindustani (Chai) Tea
(adapted from More with Less cookbook)
3-4 servings
Heat together in a 2-3 qt. saucepan:
3 c. water
3 ½ t. loose tea
Boil 10 minutes. Add:
3 c. milk
When I add the milk, I also add approximately ¼ tsp ground cloves, ginger, cardamom, and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Sometimes I add ½ tsp. vanilla. **Season to taste.
Heat to near boiling. Add to taste:
5-7 t. sugar
Strain several times before serving.
Tastes best when prepared 2 or more hours in advance and set aside. Reheat during meal and serve with fresh fruit for dessert.
Best when shared with a kindred spirit…..
Hindustani (Chai) Tea
(adapted from More with Less cookbook)
3-4 servings
Heat together in a 2-3 qt. saucepan:
3 c. water
3 ½ t. loose tea
Boil 10 minutes. Add:
3 c. milk
When I add the milk, I also add approximately ¼ tsp ground cloves, ginger, cardamom, and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Sometimes I add ½ tsp. vanilla. **Season to taste.
Heat to near boiling. Add to taste:
5-7 t. sugar
Strain several times before serving.
Tastes best when prepared 2 or more hours in advance and set aside. Reheat during meal and serve with fresh fruit for dessert.
Best when shared with a kindred spirit…..
2 comments:
Hey Stacie....
Can tell that you have high speed internet again! Love the new pictures and stories....but most of all, LOVE that you guys are back HOME :)
Hey Stacie....
Can tell that you have high speed internet again! Love the new pictures and stories....but most of all, LOVE that you guys are back HOME :)
Post a Comment