The season to remember and reflect on the amazing love of Jesus is upon us. Some of our friends and family take part in this season of Lent. It’s not yet a tradition in our home though we are trying to teach our children the beauty of sacrifice in other ways. As I have learned more about the tradition of “celebrating” Lent, I’m considering easing my children into this time of remembrance by doing an abridged version of Lent. You should have heard the shocked responses when I made some suggestions of sacrifice ideas to the kids. I’m interested in knowing how other families of small children incorporate Lent in their homes. We know of some friends who have given up chocolate, ice cream, movies, even facebook as a way to tangibly sacrifice something in remembrance of the One who gave His life for us.
Join us as we prepare for Easter. Last year, thanks to my dear friend Joanna, I stumbled upon a wonderful series of short but poignant readings which beautifully portray the unfolding of God’s plan for us. I hope you enjoy and share these readings with your own family: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2008/03/behold-your-lamb.html
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Behold the Lamb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment