Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Romance 101

Austin has had a crush on his friend Sarah for quite some time. They have been writing/emailing one another for the past 2 years and had made a vow that they would one day marry each other. Puppy love, no doubt, but Austin is quite the Romeo. Before her arrival he helped design a heart carving with Boaz, our carpenter.



He then asked Carol, one of the housekeeping/gardening staff if she could arrange some flowers for Sarah.
He planned a special lunch for the two of them but it didn't go as planned. Austin was in tears after she quietly moved from his table to sit with her mom. Later she said she still wanted to marry him but she was a little nervous. His response: "She wants to marry me but she won't even eat lunch with me? I'm so confused!"
"My son", said his father, "Welcome to the wonderful world of wondering what women want!"

Mom's response: "I was once nervous eating lunch with your Daddy, but now look at us!"


Not only is Sarah a lovely little girl, but she likes snakes too! You can tell why Austin is smitten!

3 comments:

Big Sister said...

LOL!!! Yes, I think daddy has it right! That's the cutest and thanks so much for sharing. In our prayers (added your fellow missionary's blog to ours.)

Anonymous said...

Oh how I sometimes wish that Austin was not cousins with my daughters....because then I could set up an "arranged marriage!" LOL!
I pray that my daughters meet and marry someone as sweet as Austin one day!

xoxo,
Aunt Brenda

Jescel said...

this is how we do it in my country.. this is how I know to scrape coconuts.. and yes, nothing beats freshly scraped coconuts! Your son is too cute! :o)