Friday, August 15, 2008

Warm Relief


Tim and I enjoyed the opportunity to shop for blankets for the Biniguna village up in the mountains. One of our translation teams, Takashi and Yeako Nakamura, received funding from Japan to purchase blankets for their entire village. Alotau is warm year-round but higher elevation makes other places very cold-especially at night. We bought nearly 300 blankets from the 6 stores in town (3 owned by the same company). After purchasing the blankets, they were bundled and wrapped in plastic, loaded on a van to be loaded on the Kwadima and sent up to the Oro province where they were hand-carried by 40+ people 4 hours up the mountain. How is that for UPS services?

Bundled in packages of 4-6
Carol wraps the blankets in heavy-duty plastic
Carol and Pamela (housekeeping staff) with Tim in the shipping room
Pamela labels the 58 packages
Kylah watches from the sidelines
Tim and Boaz load the van
Full of warmth

1 comment:

Janice said...

I am so proud of you and Tim.  Even though I miss you tremendously, the work that you do for the Lord is such a blessing to so many people. Love you more...Mom