Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Best Birthday Party Ever...


Last year, I confess, I just tiptoed into the 40’s.  This year…no holding back as I barreled in with a bunch of beautiful bosom buddies.  Thanks to our sweet friends Callum and Kate Skeet who came up with the brilliant idea of celebrating all the March birthdays with a BBQ, we enjoyed sharing in the celebration of life, the joy and blessing of friendship, as well as an international feast complete with the breaking in of the Skeet’s new woodstove as well as a true Spanish Paella lovingly gifted from Pablo and Ana Vila-Romero.  Normally we would have enjoyed a pool party in the Milne Bay Estates Oil Palm Plantation.  However, the pool was under repair so a long tarp was set up on the steep hillside behind their house and a slippery slide was enjoyed by all.   And I do mean all.  After watching the kids hog enjoy all the fun for several hours, a dare was issued to the birthday girls and we took it on with great enthusiasm.  The allure of racing down a muddy, wet hillside was soon irresistible to the majority of the adults remaining at the party.  And Oh.so.much.FUN!!  We rolled, played, slid and laughed until it hurt!  The night ended with no serious injuries, a little icing fight, and lots of smiles.  As we traveled home, the kids exclaimed, “Mom, that was the best birthday party EVER!!!  You should do that every year!” 














 




2 comments:

Janice said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful day with us. You have not forgotten how to embrace life fully and enjoy your family and friends. You heard it all your life and I'll say it again, "There is nothing more important than investing in relationships with people." You and Tim do that so beautifully and I am so proud of you both. Love you the most.....

Choate Family said...

Happy birthday, sweet friend! We'll have to celebrate again when you guys come back on furlough :-)