Friday, August 27, 2010

The Adventure Continues....

On August 23, 2010 we once again said "Good-bye" to our beloved family, friends and homeland to go and serve with Wycliffe Bible Translators in Alotau, Papua New Guinea.  Our journey has taken us through Houston where we enjoyed some special moments with Tim's brother Phil, his wife Shannon, and Drake.  (We missed seeing Destin who is now in college at Texas State.)  We headed to Honolulu, Hawaii wishing we were wealthy tourists.  But, alas, our Hawaii vacation consisted of a 1 hour and twenty minute layover where we toured the restrooms and the ticket counter.  However, as we arrived, we did receive a lovely "aloha" greeting complete with a box of macadamian nut chocolates from our pilot friend Mike Gerhard who was on a layover in Hawaii.  A short layover in Guam allowed us to get from one gate to the next with just enough time for a bathroom break. We are now in Cairns, Australia giving our bodies a few days to adjust to the time changes before we fly out today to PNG.  Yesterday we had an enjoyable tour of Cairns walking the esplanade, swimming in the downtown lagoon and enjoying our last taste of McDonalds for awhile.  Kylah hadn't changed her watch so it was funny to think of us swimming in the lagoon at 3 a.m. EST.  All in all, I find the adjustment to this time not as difficult as when we head back to the US.  The kids are doing well, though still waking in the night wondering why it is still so dark!


Goodbye America!  (The coast of California)
Pensive Kylah
Island of the Blue Dolphins
 
In Hawaii with Mike Gerhard
Weston slept well on the flights

Austin sleeps in between watching in-flight movies.
In flight cuddles
In Flight Activities


Please continue to pray for us and let us know how we can pray for you.  Though we journey alone to PNG, we do not walk this life journey without you. 

5 comments:

I Dreamed a Dream said...

Glad your travels are going well. Sorry I was not present for your Houston layover. You should have waited a couple more weeks. I'm going home for labor day weekend. :(

Michael B said...

Island of the Blue Dolphins, officially known as San Miguel. :)

I read the book when I was a kid.

2 Travel 4 Fun said...

A lovely sumary of your departure and travels. Great pictures! We are so happy the connections were smooth. We miss you!!!! Can't wait for you to be up on SKYPE.

Kim said...

Sure do miss y'all already! I look forward to keeping up with you on your blog.
You are such a blessing!

Choate Family said...

Welcome back to this side of the world!