Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Meet Guaca and Mole!













We have acquired some very beautiful green tree snakes as pets. Dad and the boys love them and Kylah and I tolerate them. Most Papua New Guineans (men and women alike) are terrified of snakes. All of Austin’s friends think he is sooooooo brave to carry the snake around. Austin came to the market with me wearing the snake wrapped around his shoulders and I felt like Moses when the Red Sea parted. Needless to say the snake made only one appearance at market. When they are not eating, Tim keeps them loose in the house. They tend to stay in one place. However,Ttim is currently out of town and both snakes have retreated behind furniture. I am hoping neither comes out for food. I really don't know what I would do. Yikes!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a brave, brave woman Stacie!

xoxo,
Brenda

Jescel said...

OMG! My hairs just stood up looking at 'em! Those things are scary.. Bravo to your children though, and to you, for being so brave! :o)